CLUB RACE MEETING RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Race meetings are scheduled for Sunday mornings, starting at 11h00.
- The skipper's briefing starts at 10h30
- A meeting will comprise of at least three races, depending on the weather conditions
- Two skippers will constitute sufficient number of entrants for a race meeting
- Points are awarded per race in line order.
- The points accrued for each skipper for a race meeting will be added to the log table.
- The skipper with the least number of points will be the winner of a race meeting.
- Non-attendance will score a skipper the maximum number of points for the day.
For example, if there were five entrants for a race meeting with three races, then the absent member will be allotted the following number of points: 3 x (5+1) = 18.
- Race meeting or cancellations are advertised in the club calendar with reminders on social media such as WhatsApp and Facebook.
- A raincheck for a race meeting will be the following Sunday.
- Additional ad hoc race meetings - typically such those as on public holidays or Saturdays - are encouraged provided there are sufficient entrants.
- Members are encouraged to invite entrants from neighbouring sailing clubs.
- Diversity in boating classes and skipper gender, race and age are encouraged.