Sailing Meets Family and Fun
Nestled amongst the leafy Northern suburbs and central to most areas in the Johannesburg area, lies Emmarentia Dam which hosts Emmarentia Sailing Club (ESC). For over 60 years this friendly club has nurtured sailing teaching newcomers, coaching more experienced sailors and encouraging members to enjoy sailing either as a relaxed family recreation or in serious competition nationwide. The club now hosts a range of aquatic sports including:-
- Sailing with youth and adult Sailing Training facilities.
- Open Water Swimming within a safe but stretching environment.
- Triathlete hub access to water activties, safe biking and running opportunities on the roads and mountain bike trails in and around the Emmarentia Botanical Garden complex.
As well as other water activities while providing a convivial social setting for those interested in a secure and pleasant environment.
The club is now staffed with a Duty officer to be open on Sundays throughout the year:-
- Summer - 8.00 to 18.00
- Winter - 9.00 to 16.00
The club by-line of Sailing Meets Family and Fun speaks to the friendly family orientated, recreational environment the club is synonymous with.
Come to enjoy the Jewel of Jozi. See you on the water.
- Sailing Training
- Simon Baer and Family
- Charmaine Hall
- Neil Waterson
- Yestin Hundley
- Steve 'O Raw and family
- Kendal and Tertius Opperman
- Steve Marais and family
- Yestin Hundley and family
- Kevin Banks and family
- Stephen Meyerowitz